To compose your scenes and give body to your app you will need the components of ZenCreate. Whether you are creating an interactive book, a travel guide, a restaurant menu (and countless other wonderful apps), use the components that ZenCreate offers you.
The 'image' button opens the asset library called 'Image Library' from which you can choose an image (importing it from your gallery or from your computer) and insert it into the scene. It will then be editable through the inspectors.
The 'Video' button will open the asset library called 'Video Library' from which you can choose a video (import it from your gallery or your computer) and insert it into the scene. The video will be editable through the inspectors.
The 'Text' button will add a text box. By double clicking in the area it will be possible to insert the text. This will then be editable by the relative inspector.
The 'Shapes' button opens a side pop-up with the selectable shapes. You can modify each shape through the generic inspector or from the relative smart inspector depending on the modification you want to make:
- Rectangle with linear corners: it will be possible to modify the shape, the dimensions, the position of the scene, the color [stroke color] and the thickness of the border [stroke width].
- Circle: you will be able to change the shape, size, position of the scene, color, color and thickness of the border.
- Rectangle with rounded corners: you can change the shape, size, position of the scene, color, color and thickness of the border and the corner radius.
- Polygon: you can change the shape, size, position of the scene, color, border color and thickness and the number of sides.
In all shapes it is possible to insert text by clicking once on the selected shape. You will be able to edit the text from the relative inspector.
Opens a side pop-up from which you can choose:
- Audio: A button that plays a sound when selected. The audio is set in the related smart inspector.
- Link: A button that refers to an internet page outside the application when it is selected. The link is inserted in the related smart inspector.
- Navigation Button: A button that allows you to go to a scene in the project when it is selected. The destination scene must be chosen in the drop-down menu of the relevant smart inspector which will contain all the scenes created up to that moment. In case no other scenes have been created yet, you will have to go back to setting the destination scene later.
Selecting one of the three buttons will automatically open the image library so that you can immediately choose the image related to your interactive object.
Selecting a tool that allows the insertion of an asset (image, audio or video) from the toolbar will open the dedicated 'Library'. In this pop up you can make various interactions:
- 1.You can decide whether to add an asset in the ZenCreate Library by interacting with the 'Zen Library' button or import custom assets by choosing them from the gallery of your iPad or from your computer. (1)
- 2.You can search for an asset in the gallery by typing the name in the search bar at the top right. It is possible to change the display order of the assets in the library via a drop-down menu. The sort order can be selected from the options: 'Name', 'Date created' and 'Date modified'. (2)
- 3.You can view information about the selected asset such as asset name, date added, size and asset specific information: ⊛ a. For visual assets (video, animation, image) you can view the weight related to the object. ⊛ b. For sound assets, you can view the duration of the audio. You can delete the selected asset via the 'Trash' icon or add the asset to the editor via the 'Add' button. (3)
The functionalities present in the asset library are shared by the objects of type Image, Video, Animation, but not only. Even by selecting an 'Interaction tool' it will be possible to assign a specific asset through a specific library.